Roof Maintenance by Century Roofing and Siding
Not only do our services include roof replacement, Century Roofing and Siding also offers ongoing maintenance to ensure your roof lasts as long as it can. Our roof maintenance service starts with scheduling regular inspections. We then attend to any issues we see developing on your roof before they become a big problem.
The Importance of Roof Maintenance
Some homeowners mistakenly believe that all the elements of a roof will last for their entire lifespan without maintenance. Not true! There are several reasons regular maintenance is important.
- First, your industry-leading GAF warranty requires regular maintenance to be in full effect. Although the warranty covers many aspects of your roofing system, it can be voided if you fail to maintain good maintenance records. Roof damage due to lack of seasonal maintenance is one exclusion to your warranty.
- Second, regular maintenance and inspections help your roof last. Because a roof replacement is one of the most expensive investments in your home, you don’t want to do it more often than absolutely necessary. If you let Century Roofing and Siding perform roof maintenance regularly, yours will last longer than a neglected roof.
Regular roofing services start with an inspection of the entire roofing system, from the soffits and fascia to the gutters and roof itself. Once our inspection is complete, we’ll perform any necessary maintenance such as:
- Caulking or replacing flashing.
- Replacing damaged soffits and fascia.
- Removing debris from the roofing surface.
- Re-securing gutters.
- Sealing any roof protrusions.
How Often to Have Roof Maintenance Performed
Ideally, you should contact us for regular roofing services twice a year. However, in the event of a major weather event, you should contact us soon after that event. Keeping records of your service is beneficial to both you and a future owner should you sell your home. In fact, being able to prove the status of your roof can increase the value of your home.
It never hurts to walk around your house once a month to do a visual inspection of your roof. It protects your home, family and belongings. The better maintained your roof, the more likely it will last through a big storm.
Schedule Roof Maintenance Today
If we installed your new roof more than six months ago and you have not had an inspection of its condition, call Century Roofing and Siding today at (613) 738-1774 or fill out our contact form and we’ll call you to schedule an appointment.