Roof leaks can be very frustrating. And the more you ignore them, the more extensive and expensive the damage can get. In this post, Century Roofing and Siding shares some quick tips on how you can prevent leaks in commercial roofing.
There are varying reasons for roof leaks. The most common culprits include drain and gutter issues, membrane failures, problems with flashings and ponding water. Many of these can be easily fixed or anticipated, especially with the help of an expert.
Conducting regular roof inspections will surely be a big help, as they will enable you to detect leaks or other damage that may be hidden from plain sight. Ensure that the roofers carry out repairs immediately if particular issues have been found during the inspections. Don’t wait for the problem to get bigger because that will likely result in a major headache.
Here are some tips to help you prevent leaks in your building’s roof:
- Routinely check your ceilings and walls for any signs of roof leaks.
- Make sure the roof drainage is working and the roof is not holding or ponding water.
- Regularly clean the roof surface, drains and gutters. Take out all debris, leaves, and trash to avoid buildup.
- Create a routine maintenance plan to help extend the service life of the roof.
- Ensure that your building manager and maintenance crew are equipped with adequate knowledge and skills when it comes to roof maintenance. Having someone who’s not trained to carry out roof work may only cause further damage to your roof.
Century Roofing and Siding is a family-owned and operated roofing company. With our personalized customer service and high-quality workmanship, you can expect to receive value for your money. Call us at (613) 738-1774 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate. We serve customers in Ottawa, Ontario.