Before winter comes along, make sure your home is ready. See to it that your roof is in good condition. Remember that the roof system is composed of various components that work together to provide the protection you need. Dysfunctional components could compromise the overall performance of your roof. Note that some of those components are more susceptible to damage than the rest.
Here is a rundown of the five most common roofing problems, and in what parts of the roof you can find them in:
- Shingles – Check the shingles if they are discolored, curling, or buckling. Check also if any of the shingles are missing, rotting, or have holes.
- Gutters – Debris buildup could cause a lot of problems like water damage to wood parts of your home and interiors. Cleaning the gutters could easily solve this problem.
- Flashing – Damaged flashing can be a source of roof leaks. Make sure this is repaired.
- Fascia – The fascia boards run the length of the roof edge. They can be highly susceptible to moisture, which could promote the growth of molds and mildew. Inspect them for rotting, discoloration, and other signs of damage.
- Soffits – Insects and small animals can damage this part of the roof. Look for any signs of cracks, holes, or rotting.
If ever you see any of these issues, Ottawa roofing companies like us at Century Roofing & Siding Ltd. would be more than happy to assist you.
Our team of licensed and experienced craftsmen will be working with you to guide you through the process. For roof repairs, we know that the weather and the age of your roof are eventually going to cause problems. But no matter what the cause of the damage, rest assured our team is going to fix it. If need be, we can also help you select a replacement roof for your home. You can choose from shingles to metal roofing.
For roof repairs or other roofing needs, let roofers in Ottawa like us at Century Roofing & Siding Ltd. help you out before winter comes. For more information, feel free to give us a call today and get a free written estimate today.